From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 15:01:34 -0700
With respect to this one (and those of you have been
here forever probably think they pay me to plug this,
but they don't, LOL), you may wish to augment your
museums education here with fund raising education on
The Charity Channel finding out about the financing is
a part of your goal.

You'll get museum-specific inputs from the group and
general development information for all topics on
Charity Channel  http://www.charitychannel.co/forums
You might consider looking at Grants and Boards--which
should be integral in the process but aren't always,
alas!

If you're having trouble with email volume, you MIGHT
consider going digest there.

3) Financing. Art history majors and studio art
> majors and even museum
> studies majors rarely get educated on the
> complexities of museum finance.
> Where is the funding coming from? How do you create
> a budget? How do you ask
> for money without having to show leg or other body
> parts? etc.

=====
Indigo Nights