Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 1994 08:27:06 EST
Seems to me vaguely obscene, or at least dubious, to treat a gallery space as a
"ride" rather than an open environment in which to personally interact with the
art or display. I don't like the notion that my available viewing time or
 angle
is to be mechanically prescribed. . .I suppose I can see the rationale in high-t
raffic situations, but I still think I'd prefer to stand in line a bit longerin
trade for the option to spend as long as I wish with an exhibit.The
 move-through
 concept promotes a "seen that; done that" attitude, and isn't too condusive to
bringing the viewer back again another time. It goes against the grain. . .