From:
Chris Hanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 1996 23:17:01 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask] says...

>The Association of South Dakota Museums is putting together a workshop
>series on basic museum management for our small museum members.  We would
>like to do a workshop on volunteer management (since most of these in-
>stitutions consist of only volunteer staff) for January 1998, somewhere in
>South Dakota.  Can any of you out there recommend a person who has experience
>and has taught volunteer management in museums to be the workshop faculty?
>
>Respond privately:  [log in to unmask]
>
>Thanks!
>
>Claudia

I would suggest contacting your local United Way office. I recently attended a
seminar put on by a local historical society. Among the topics discussed was
volunteerism. This brief session , while not museum specific, was informative.
Hope that is some help.

Chris Hanson
Site Administrator
Missouri Town 1855