From:
"Robert T. Handy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 09:55:21 -0600
This problem leads to the undoing of many non-profit organizations or
Executive Directors.  Every book, every article I have read, every seminar
I have attended, on Board-Director relations, argue emphatically that
Boards must respect this division.  It is a tough one to enforce and
Executive Directors must be prepared to circulate their resumes if it
becomes an issue.  Over time, the Board that does not respect this division
will find itself without an Executive, with demoralized staff and, more
likely than not, a totally disfunctional organization (if they end  up
having one at all).

------
Robert Handy
Brazoria County Historical Museum