From:
"R. Murphy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Nov 1994 14:44:34 GMT
Michael Danoff <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The new netscape 0.94 is self extracting.  If one already has an earlier
> version of netscape installed, does one put the new self-extracting file
> in the old netscape directory and simply extract it?  Will that remove
> all bookmarks?

It's actually Netscape 0.93, I had the information wrong.

You still have to throw away the earlier version, there's no
installer involved. Be sure to read the README file that comes
with it. You have to rename your preference files (in the Mac
version at least) only because the company has changed their
name from Mosaic Netscape to Netscape. I lost, then found,
my bookmarks so don't throw anything away until you're sure
you have the bookmarks.

The newsreader and mailer seem to be improved and there's some
sort of locking option I haven't investigated yet. Major change
seems to be this red band across the top of my window...

Robbin Murphy