From:
Catherine Hess <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 1994 09:44:38 -0800
No, unfortunately I can't get you a copy of Paul Mathieu's paper (NCECA:
"maiolica/erotica").  He hasn't delivered it yet.  I suggest you either write
to him or attend the conference (if possible).  There is a fair amount of
these racy pots.  You might want to get your hands on an interesting little
book by Giovanni Conti, NOBILISSIMI IGNOBILITA DELLA MAIOLICA
ISTORIATA (most noble ignobilities of narrative maiolia), Faenza, 1992.
My maiolica catalogue for the Getty Museum (published 1988) also has
some limited info. on this subject (pp. 75-81).  Good luck.

Paul Mathieu  can be reached at 725 Ste. Marguerite, Montreal PQ,
Canada H4C 2X5.

Catherine Hess