From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 13:38:44 -0700
You know, I'm a bit of an computer/information junkie
myself so suffice it to say I am and/or have been
subscribed to more than my share of discussion groups.

I gotta tell you, I keep seeing and hearing the same
things over and over--and maybe even causing some of
it my damned self.

People across the US and around the world seem to be
pretty frustrated about now.

I'm seeing two basic factions:  Nuke the bums, and
peace at all costs.  Somewhere in the middle, in the
big fat undecided what this Solomon would do if
presented with the baby--and recognizing full well
what I think ought to happen is probably not going to
be the thing that the decision makers use to come to
their plan of action--is about where I stand.

But there's one thing I definitely know.  I LOVE this
list, and I RESPECT these listers.

So it's kind of making me go uh-oh, time for a group
chill pill before we make our own line in the sand
here and it, in turn, becomes the Mason-Dixon line
(talk about mixing your metaphors or some such).

I'm nobody's make doer; I'm just one list voice here.
And part of me recognizes that the one thing people
need to do is talk this out, but . . .

Do you kind of, sort of, maybe think it might be a
good idea if we made a pact among ourselves that we
will do everything we can to stick to the topic of
museums and not go spear chucking here?

I see people about whom I really care doing the black
cat on the wall in the face of a pesky pooch over
words that are being said, and it concerns me.

Some of me is going, Oy Vey, not again!.  Where in the
devil are my kevlar breeches?  I mean I've done my own
job of annoying people to the point of frenzy (who
knows, maybe I'm doing it again), so I kind of know a
little about what I speak--though truth be known, they
did a mighty fine job, too.

I think we start out on a path of trying to make it
about museums, and the next thing you know, cause
everybody is so upheaved here, our political
perspectives come shooting right through.

Anybody want to try that?

I don't intend to hurt anybody's feelings, and I don't
mean to try to stifle anybody's conversations because
that's not my place, but I am concerned about you, us,
them, me.

How about I throw out a wild topic for discussion to
get us back on course?  I'm going to send something
flying in the next note and see if anybody wants to
take a bite into it.

Maybe I'll do two.

Hmmm.

Thanks for listening to my whirr.