From:
David Currey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 21:25:58 EDT
Mr. Ciotola,

Seems to me that this list, more often than not, serves the purpose of those
who need help solving a problem or seeking assistance because they are in a
position in a museum or an historic house where they lack the formal
training, educational or otherwise, to meet their institutional needs.
Suggesting this list is for stimulated and enlightened discussion and
everything else should be directed to other servers, is hubristic.  To see
job postings, I think you will find out, is the purpose for most people
subscribing to this list.  In closing, ask someone who just worked several
years to earn an MBA to "volunteer" their time.  Those with newly-acquired
MAs in the museum field just love the slight shown by a few of those already
"successfully" employed.

DCurrey
MTSU

Museum-L" (without the quotes).