From:
"Cooper, Susan (DNR)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2014 14:52:19 +0000
Must it be digital? Electronics is not always the best answer.

We recently scanned and reprinted a scrapbook at 100% scale at one of our historic sites.

The original was about 11"X17," and I purchased a binder with plastic sleeves from 11x17.com, inserting reprints of the pages in the sleeve, and mounting the cover with a protective over-laminate to the binder cover.

This gives the visitor the "experience" of flipping through the pages. We utilize another one for reference, allowing the original to stay safe in storage.

Much as I like technology it really is faster to flip through pages rather than waiting for images to download!!!!

Be wary of technology for the sake of technology. One should always think of the visitor and ease of use first.

Susan E. Cooper, Exhibit Designer/Graphic Artist

Michigan Historical Museum

702 West Kalamazoo Street

P.O. Box 30740

Lansing, MI 48909-8240

phone: (517) 373-4859

FAX: (517) 373-7597

e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Michigan Historical Center

Michigan Department of Natural Resources

Discover the Michigan Historical Museum System at www.michigan.gov/michiganhistory.

Come see "Lake Effects" October 5, 2013 to August 24, 2014.