From:
Morgan Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jul 1994 07:14:19 -0700
The obvious answer is a can opener...but do it under a vented hood...that
would be the quickest solution...if you open the bottom, the can can be
displayed to look unopened.

Now the glass containers may require different tools but you might
consider the same approach of opening them (unless the bottles have
label-sealed tops...like champagne or medicines today) under a hood...but
certainly they will be easier.

I am sure anyone would suggest something similar...but cans and bottles
are an early favorite of my own experience...grew up on an Oregon
homestead and excavated 10 middens on my property alone...(long before
there was any "value" to any of them!)

I don't envy you the job...the smell alone would deter me...go masked
forward!