From:
Silver City Museum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 1996 09:42:36 -0600
For those of you new to this thread, we just tracked down a wonderful 1940s
short that features our town's historic district.  I am trying to transfer
the film to a safer format and track down copyright.

I think I have the format under control, but copyright has been a bit more
difficult, which is not surprising.  Bob O'Neil says that back in the 1940s
Universal Studios transfered all the newsreel footage to the National
Archives and Records Administration.  Unfortunately, he did not have a phone
number, or more importantly, a current contact person over at NARA.  I would
really rather not end up being transfered to phones throughout Washington
D.C. all day, so if anyone knows a contact person, please pass it on off list.

Thanks,

Margaret Lyman
Curator of Collections
Silver City Museum