From:
John Martinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 07:42:21 -0600
I think, too, that the Iraqi and news can put the word out directly to the
people there...
to plead to return the items they took.   I don't think lots of the "stuff"
is going to
be sold.....they were taking it for themselves.   Anyone knowing the
importance of
the artifacts, should return it...so the authorities (US or Iraqi...and the
museum staff
themselves) should put fliers out with the items that are missing.  People
see them and
will say---that came from the museum and should be returned.

Too, who opened the safe where some of the things were stolen?  Surely it
was not
cracked..but had to be a staff member.   The police or authorities should be
talking
to the staff.

John