From:
"REYNOLDS, Trevor" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2008 14:26:20 +0100
You shouldn't have any problems using objects, posters etc. which
already have the James Bond logos and trademarks - the use is already
licenced and exhibiting them won't require a licence.  However I would
be very wary about using any of the trademarks and logos in exhibition
text, exhibition panels, your own posters or catalogues.  Publicising
your exhibition as a James Bond exhibition without Danjaq's permission
will almost certainly get you into trouble.  Using text trademarks (e.g.
"James Bond", "Live and Let Die" etc.) in text which descibes objects on
display is usually OK, e.g. "31. This watch is the same model as that
worn by Ian Fleming's character James Bond in the movie Live and Let
Die".  However using them as headings may get you into trouble.

Whether you need to indicate the trademarks by using "(R)" for
registered trade mark and "TM" for unregistered trade mark is an
interesting question.  My understanding is that if you are using them in
the sort of descriptive text above then you don't have to, but doing so
may make the holder less likely to make a fuss.  It is probably a good
idea to have a credit somewhere in the exhibition which says "x, y and z
are trademarks of a".

Trevor Reynolds
Collections Registrar
English Heritage 36 Hospital Fields Road, York, YO10 4DZ
Telephone +44 (0) 1904 610322 ext 24