From:
"Richard J. Urban" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 1997 20:56:13 -0400
As a note on the use of Websites in art museums, I'd like to announce the
opening of "A World Under Cover: Excerpts from R. B. Kitaj's In Our Time"
at the University of Delaware's University Gallery. The exhibition will
run from May 16th through June 29th.

http://seurat.art.udel.edu/UDGallery/Kitaj/Kitaj.html

Two computer stations serve as a central part of our exhibition. One
station operates as a web site, offering visitors the opportunity to
explore issues raised by the exhibition. The other terminal is an
interactive guest book where visitors can offer their interpretations of
R. B. Kitaj's work.

"In Our Time: Covers for a Small Library After Life for the Most Part,"  a
portfolio of fifty serigraphs, was completed by R. B. Kitaj in 1969.
"A World Under Cover"  presents fourteen prints selected by students in
the University of Delaware Museum Studies Program.  This exhibition is the
practical component of the Graduate level class: Museum Curatorship -
Temporary and Economical Exhibits.

Please send any comments to:

Richard Urban
University of Delaware