From:
Sarena Deglin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 09:21:58 -0400
I am the coordinator of rights and reproductions for a small-medium sized
art museum.

How do other institutions manage collaboration between functions of R&R with
those of marketing? Both distribute images of the same objects, however
where I work we maintain separate caches of images. Working closely with the
registrar and the digitization process of objects in our collection, I
maintain the most recent and highest quality images whereas the Marketing
Dept. often distributes outdated and low quality images from their
resources. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can provide Marketing
with high quality images while still protecting the intellectual property of
the Museum? Are the two functions separate across the board, or have some
institutions managed to successfully share resources? Does anyone have
written policies on distributing images for marketing purposes that they are
able to share?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Sarena Deglin