From:
Rebecca Fitzgerald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 16:50:16 -0400
By the way, we've been using these radios for over a year - non have failed.
I'm not sure what kind of abuse radios get at other institutions, but our
little Motorola's are used daily by museum staff, volunteers, and visiting
"walkers" who enjoy our trails.

I did look at the more expensive "commercial" grade walkie talkies. They
were much heavier and bulkier - and part of my problem was getting our folks
to actually care them. (So smaller was better.) The difference in price was
great enough that we could replace them 3 times for the price of the
commercial grade radios.

Becky Fitzgerald