From:
murph the surf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 23:36:49 -0400
Greetings museum-l,

I thought the list members would find these sites interesting:

Netscan
http://netscan.sscnet.ucla.edu/
        An experimental software package
        designed to aid in the sociological
        study of the Internet with a current
        focus on Usenet.

Atlas of Cyberspaces
http://www.cybergeography.org/atlas/
        Maps and graphic representations of
        the geographies of the new electronic
        territories of the Internet,
        WWW and other emerging Cyberspaces

Federal Emergency Management Agency
http://www.fema.gov/index.htm
        Every year, millions of Americans
        face disaster, and its terrifying
        consequences.

Time & Bits: Managing Digital Continuity
http://www.ahip.getty.edu/timeandbits/
        An integrated technical and
        philosophical discussion of digital
        archives and their future with
        Stewart Brand, Brian Eno,
        Bruce Sterling and others.

www.three.org
http://www.three.org
        Adversarial collaborations between
        Janet Cohen, Keith Frank and Jon Ippolito.

A Humument Home Page
http://www.rosacordis.com/humument/
        The work of Tom Phillips, creator
        of "A Humument: A Treated Victorian Novel"

Stick Figure Death Theatre
http://www.calvert.com/sfdt/sfdt.html
        Noir gif animations by Matt Calvert.

Peek-A-Boo
http://www.artnetweb.com/peppermint/peek/
        Active resistance to the oppression
        of time by Cary Peppermint.

NelliWeb
http://www.artun.ee/homepages/nelli/nelli.html
        Homepage of Estonian artist
        Nelli Rohtvee.

Debris
http://www.btinternet.com/~debris/index.html
        Net.poetry from Krumm.

Xcult
http://www.xcult.ch
        Net art projects and information
        from Switzerland.

artnetweb is a collaborative network of people,
projects and things dedicated to access and
exploration of new technologies for artists.
We receive no grants or corporate funding but
survive by teaching classes on-line and in our
storefront and by the generous donations of time
and money from our friends and colleagues.

Some of the things we are involved in are a VRML
project for the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis and
the annual Convergence Festival in Providence, R.I.
We are also in the planning stages for a VRML fine art
competition to be conducted completely on-line.

We publish a free email newsletter, artnetweb & INTELLIGENT AGENT,
which can be viewed on the Web at:
http://artnetweb.com/newsletter/

or to subscribe to the newsletter send a message to:

with the word "subscribe" (without the quotes) in the
subject header.

Best regards,

Robbin Murphy
http://artnetweb.com