From:
Eric Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 1996 10:58:13 EST
   This is to announce the upcoming meeting of the New York City Museums
   Council.  We will be meeting at The American Museum of the Moving
   Image on June 12th.  There will be a reception and tour followed by
   dinner.

   "The AMMI seeks to increase public understanding of how the film,
   television, and computer-based media produces, markets, and exhibits
   moving images, and the impact those images have on society at large.
   We will be welcomed by Rochelle Slovin, Founding Director of AMMI, and
   then tour the new core exhibition "Behind the Screen." This
   exhibition, a year in construction and opened only last month,
   includes four minitheaters with continuous showings of short films,
   an inside look at a TV control room, sound-editing booths, interactive
   displays, and much more.  More than five hours of moving images are
   always on view, with a new show starting somewhere every minute."

   The cost of the meeting and dinner is $25, and it is open to everyone
   who works at a New York City not-for-profit museum (we could also make
   exceptions and have suburban neighbors...) in whatever capacity.
   We've had directors, security staff, bookkeepers, curators, so please,
   no matter what level you work at, you are welcome.

   I am the vice-chairman of this 50 year old group, which is simply
   dedicated to creating opportunities for museum workers at all levels
   to meet each other, visit the City's museums, and learn more about the
   profession.

   This is very short notice, and the first that we've put on the net.
   Please feel free to email me reservations, which I will accept until
   the end of the day Friday, June 7.  Then you *must* bring a check
   (personal or museum) to the meeting.  We are allowing people to make
   reservations without paying in good faith...so if you say you are
   going to come, PLEASE do, or this small organization will be seriously
   out of pocket.

   Eric Siegel
   Director of Corporate and
     Science Development