From:
Jennifer Tung <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jul 1994 13:57:36 EST5EDT
Eileen:

Although I cannot provide you with a complete reference, I can give a
good start:  an excellent, excellent text on the foibles and fun of
presenting strong, interactive history exhibits is "Ideas and
Images", edited by Kenneth Ames, and published, I believe, by the the
Association for State and Local History?  Several articles present
the background, staff, and planning necessary to produce history
exhibits in relatively small museums, and go on to analyze how they
worked, what might have worked better, and what worked great --to put
it in a relatively simplistic manner!  I used the text while taking a
grad course in Curatorial Processes: Research and Planning (at George
Washington University) and found it to be an enjoyable as well as
instructional read.

Hope this may help somewhat!

Jennifer

Jennifer Tung
McCord Museum of Canadian History
690, rue Sherbrooke Ouest
Montreal, PQ H3A 1E9Jennifer A. Tung, Curatorial Assistant
McCord Museum of Canadian History
690, rue Sherbrooke Ouest
Montreal, Quebec CANADA H3A 1E9