From:
Summer Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 12:13:28 -0500
>I am working on an exhibit that will be displayed in
>both English and Spanish. Does anyone know of any
>fairly inexpensive ways to display bilingual exhibits.
>We want to make sure that visitors are not overwhelmed
>by the amount of text if both English and Spanish text
>is seen at the same time.

One suggestion I heard at this May's AAM conference was this:  Print the
English in red and the Spanish in green, superimposed on each other.  Pass
out red or green filters to visitors, depending on their preferred language,
and let them view the text through the filter.  (If they have a red filter,
for example, they'll only see the green text.)  Granted, without the filter
it may look a little overwhelming, but it's a relatively cheap, interesting
way to accomplish your objective.

Cheers,
Summer
Summer N. Smith