From:
Ceres Bainbridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 14:39:11 EDT
In watching this thread, I find myself thinking that it's ironic that
employers do not seem to be testing for the most insidious and damaging drug
of all, alcohol. From hangovers, health effects, and three-beer lunches, a
heavy drinker must be more of a liability to an employer than a recreational
drug user. In reality, the fact that other drugs are illegal, probably keeps
them from becoming the problem that alcohol is today.

I personally would resent any invasion into my privacy, including that which
measured drug use, sexual preference, or socializing habits. Only behavior
directly related to job performance should be the realm of an employer, legal
or not.

Ceres Bainbridge

Museum-L" (without the quotes).