From:
Sarah Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 11:01:25 -0500
Hello listers,

I am in need of some advice.  We are about to receive a photo collection
from the police department.  The collection ranges from 1930 - 1970 and
includes photographs and negatives of local events as well as crime scenes.
From what I understand the photos and negs are labled with dates and
location and many, if not all, people pictured are identified.

We understand that this is a very touchy collection.  Has anyone ever
received something similar and if so what kind of policy do you have
regarding use for research, public access, processing (i.e. who?, do you use
a locked database?  etc.)

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Sarah Johnson
Educational Programming Coordinator