From:
Roy Hemmat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 23:00:55 -0700
Taking the "grammar thing" along a new and .. (hopefully) .. interesting
tangent .. this been-there/done-that webmaster offers this marketing tip:

First .. be aware that MANY people who seek information via search engines,
or on your own website, will (unintentionally) use unusual spelling rules.
I sometimes keep a log of what people search for on my own site .. and the
results are always enlightening.

Second .. take advantage of this by including common misspellings in your
webpages. Put them in meta-tags if you wish, although I'd recommend not
doing so, as the big guns such as Google.com ignore meta-tags. I simply
employ a keyword paragraph at the end of my pages.

Why resort to such tom-foolery? - It will help put your website higher in
results when people search for those terms. Every day, I receive scads of
extra visits by people who seek "botony" or "muesums" or "vitual exhibits"
or a host of other fascinating, yet non-existent entities.

Try searching for "muesums" on Google.com. - The results may shock you.

Roy Hemmat
http://www.museumstuff.com