From:
Elaine Fetyko Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 1995 10:31:31 -0600
I am new to the list, and am posting this question on behalf of my
husband who does not yet have access to e-mail.  Please send any
suggestions directly to me and not the list.

My husband is the collections manager at a small historical museum in
Illinois which exists in an old house.  The museum has limited storage
space and plans are underway for a renovation of the attic for such
purposes.  His question is this:

The attic is not air-conditioned but the temperature and humidity have
been monitored with a hygrothermograph.  Fluctuations in temp and rh are
slow but can be substantial.  The attic has never before been used for
organized storage.  Would it be feasible to store items there short-term
(less than a year) until the attic can be renovated, or would it be too
detrimental to the items?  Any suggestions as to what types of items
would be better to store up there would also be appreciated.

Send any e-mail responses to:

Elaine Fetyko Page
Grainger Engineering Library
graduate assistant
(217)244-7829

Or call or write my husband at the museum:
Mike Page
Downers Grove Historical Museum
831 Maple
Downers Grove, IL 60515