From:
Deb Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 12:28:49 EST
In a message dated Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:32:40 AM Eastern Standard Time, Aaron Marcavitch <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> I was wondering how I could demonstrate I have these
> skills without direct experience in them.    As an
> example, I do web design, how do I demonstrate that I
> know how without an actual job in a design firm?  I
> know I could make a heck of an
> administrator/educator/whatnot, but without degrees in
> those, I lose.

You're talking to a web admin/educator/designer with a degree in theater and graduate work in education. Have you worked on web sites? Do you currently work on web sites? Show them off! IF you don't have any, make them up. Create a site on your own on something that interests you. Smaller non-profs, churches, schools and volunteer organizations are always looking for people to help out with their web pages.

Whatever you do, get a portfolio of your work to show it off. Make it flexible so you can add things to it or re-arrange them to highlight different areas.

In the computer world, no one cares what kind of degree you have. All that matters is that you can do the work.

Deb