From:
Nan Lawler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Aug 1994 09:37:47 CST
Wow!  Where can you just say you don't want telemarketing calls and
you don't get them??!!  Sounds wonderful!  Automated telemarketing
calls are illegal in Arkansas--you still get them sometimes.  My
personal solution (since we estimate that some 90%--yes, 90%--of
our calls at home are either telephone solicitors or wrong numbers):
the wonderful answering machine.  We're listed in the book, all
right, but we don't answer the phone until it comes through the
machine.  Sounds hard-hearted, but years of experience (when we've
relented and actually answered the cursed thing) have proved us
right.

 Nan Lawler, Special Collections
University of Arkansas Libraries
Fayetteville, AR  72701-1201