From:
Andy Finch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 10:14:02 -0500
For a presentation next week, I am interested in hearing from museums
that have directly or indirectly received federal funding from the
Department of Education.

Examples could include:

planning grants for charter schools
Eisenhower funds for teacher training
Title I (programming for economically disadvantaged youth)
Goals 2000 (blue-sky education reform)
Technology Challenge grants

Some of these programs would grant directly to museums, others would
grant to the state department of education for regrants, or to the
school district.  I am interested in any of the above.

I'm also interested in whether museums have raised private funds in
order to partner in projects supported by above federal programs.  For
example, Maija Sedzielarz at the Science Mus. of MN recently shared a
posting from someone whose development department had targeted
corporations to donate transportation costs for field trips by Title I
(disadvantaged) schools.

It's a very brief presentation, so all I'm looking for is basic info,
not detailed descriptions (though I'd welcome those for other uses).

Thanks in advance.

Andy Finch
AAM Government Affairs
202-289-9125