From:
Kim Hoffmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jun 2005 19:00:51 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

This is my first time on this list,so if I make any mistakes please be
patient.

I work in an art museum and part of my job entails handling our fine arts
insurance issues. We have a ceramic sculpture which was damaged while on
loan from the artist for a juried exhibition.

We have reimbursed the artist and she has stipulated that the piece be
destroyed. The insurance company has asked for proof of the disposal, with
written confirmation of this request from the artist, which I have obtained.

Are there any guidelines for how to destroy a piece of artwork for this
purpose? I'd feel better about this obligation if I had some sort of
protocol to follow.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Kim Hoffmann
Curator of Collections