From:
Carla Herling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 11:37:28 PDT
>>Hello,
>>    Perhaps you might have some suggestions for teaching archaeology
texts for say young readers, in the U.S. grades 4-8 (which would be 9
years old to age 14)? We are trying to develop a curriculum in W. U.S.
for teaching them at a younger age to appreciate cultural resources.
Thank you!
>>Diane Rice

    You might talk to the Columbus Museum of Art in Columbus OH.  They
currently have a hands-on archaeological exhibition on display.  It was
originally mounted in conjunction with an exhibit of archaeological
finds from Israel, but is now a solo display.  It is particularly
focused on the middle east and archaeology, but it could prove a useful
model.

If you want any more specifics, feel free to email me.  I wasn't
responsible for its development, but I worked as an educator in the
space.

Carla Herling