From:
"Brian A. Padol" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 1995 18:38:45 -0500
something new just struck me.

it's still infringement if one book or magazine includes another. but you
can include all sorts of images, sounds, text, etc. by including the proper
link. it's not *on* your [physical] web page; it's not *stored* on *your*
provider's computer -- at least, not in *your* directory.

i can have an image from your page appear to be on my page: the visitor to
my page is unaware of this unless he/she downloads my html source code and
knows how to read it.

and/or i can simply link *to* your page. the innocent [read: naive] visitor
*might* believe that there is a business/friendship/ownership link between
the owners of the two sites.

is linking to an image/etc. an infringement? i tend to think so. is linking
to your page? i doubt it -- that's supposed to be in the spirit of the
internet.

any thoughts? tia

--
Brian A Padol, RECAP: Publications, Inc.
[log in to unmask] <=> [log in to unmask] <=> http://www.inch.com/~rpi/

http://www.users.nyc.pipeline.com/~rpi/

Book publishers, producers, and agents. If you have a book or book idea or
need advice or help with a book project or DTP, or just want to email or
chat, let me know.