From:
Cass Karl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2012 17:20:48 -0500
Unfortunately, there is no such law in Texas.  We have a sign posted
that states that all children must be supervised by an adult while in
the museum, and we have only had the occasional problem in our
hands-on area.  Even then it's usually a parent not paying attention
(i.e. on the phone) rather than not being present.

How big an issue is this for you?  I would inquire with local law
enforcement and see what their recommendation would be.  Although it
is not against the law, the police may get involved if it is an
ongoing problem with a certain family or it is creating an unsafe
situation.

Casandra Karl
Mission Historical Museum
Mission, TX