From:
JCA Boeyens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 1996 11:00:16 +0200
Hello everyone

I am investigating the possibilities of doing a PhD in the US-the reason is
that I would like to do course work as in SA PhDs are thesis only, as
was my Masters. Museum Studies Programmes, however, appear to be
restricted to Masters or Certificate courses. I am particularly interested in
the evaluation of museum programmes and the process of learning in
museums. I would appreciate any advice (perhaps it is best just to do
another Masters). I am finding the US system quite difficult to
understand-I gather that I need to find what we would call a thesis
supervisor first and apply through their faculty and only after that worry
about courses etc???? Anybody out there interested?

I look foward to your comments

Kathryn Mathers
Dept of Anthropology and Archaeology
University of South Africa