From:
Tim Atherton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:13:48 -0600
Not really a topic for the List, but

Just a few small points

> 3.  "There is no evidence of Iraqi links to Al Qaeda or other
> anti-American
> Terrorists."  I think this has been proven false with all the documents,
> weapons, gas masks,

As someone who has military experience, you will realise that so does just
about any army. I bet even such terrifying despotic nations as Belgium and
Luxemburg posses stocks of such equipment. In addition, US troops have also
removed UN Weapons Inspections seal from certain equipment in their search
so far. Hardly helpful.

> gas producing vans that were uncovered,

Not yet proven at all as I understand - please cite the details?

> and training
> camps in northern Iraq that have been found.

These were Kurdish terrorist camps in Kurdish controlled and US protected
territory if you are talking about Ansar al-Islam ...

> 4.  "There is no proof that Iraq is developing weapons of mass
> destruction."
> Again, this statement has been proven erroneous.

Sorry? Proof?

> 5.  "Iraq is no longer a significant military threat to its neighbors."
> With their chemical weapons, military weapons close by, gas
> masks, etc.   I
> think that is proven false.

Presumably these weapons were so well available and dangerous they could
have used them against the invading Coalition troops - why did they not?

> You stated:  "You appear to be factually incorrect in stating that looting
> occurred before
> the arrival of soldiers. According to all reports I am aware of,
> the looting
> began a day or two after American and Brits took over their respective
> cities. And, it continued for a few days while these soldiers watched it
> being conducted. In some instances, it appears to have been an organized
> affair conducted by our allies, the Kurds.
>
> I guess you supported the bombing of the World Trade Center on 9/11---that
> is okay you feel and that the Irqai's had nothing to do with it?   Do you
> believe that? -- and the present situation in Iraq is proving Iraqis
> relationship to the Al Qaeda or other anti-American terrorists.

Sorry - again there is still no proven link to Al Qaeda or Sept 11th. If you
know of one, I'm sure the Pentagon would love to know, because they
certainly haven't come up with one yet.

tim.