From:
Robbin Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 1994 23:35:01 -0500
Gentle readers:

Here are a few items I thought would be of interest to museum-l
subscribers from The New York Observer (the ORANGE newspaper),
February 7, 1994, Vol. 8, No. 5.

"Met's Degas Reveals His Audacious Side" by Hilton Kramer.
A review of the new "Degas' Landscapes" exhibit. (p. 1, 19)

"A Frontier Of Our Own" by Terry Golway
Big article on the Lower East Side Tenement Museum at 97
Orchard Street. Those coming to New York for conferences
should check it out. But then I live in a tenement apartment
on the Lower East Side. (p. 13)

"Art & Commerce" by Deborah Gimelson
"Richard Flood, director of the Barbara Gladstone Gallery in Soho
for decade, will become chief curator at the Walker Art Center
in Minneapolis."

Dealers expecting a downturn in sales after the LA quake were
surprised by collector response. "One woman...said simply that
she 'had to spend money on something,' a surprisingly common
reaction." (p. 18)

"Gallery Watch" by Grace Glueck
Review of the "Bad Girls" exhibit at the New Museum. (p. 18)

Also, check out the Letters column in the Feb. 7 NEW YORKER for
response to the "E-Mail From Bill" article a few weeks ago.

That's all.

Robbin Murphy