Date:
Sat, 17 Dec 1994 14:08:04 -0500
Spectra, the quarterly journal of the Museum Computer Network, has a column
called HELP?!   In the most recent issue, two questions were put to anyone
who would care to answer.  Your input would be appreciated.

All answers will be reproduced according to the standard editorial
disclaimer that we reserve the right to review, select, delete and correct
copy.   If you don't want your answers published (or if you want them
published anonymously) please let me know.

1.  Computing Resources can never cover the competing demands of
Collections Management, Public Access and Administration.  How are these
resources distributed within your museum?  Is there a clear direction from
the Upper Management?  Is the competition for these resources held in an
open or in a "behind closed doors" manner?

2.  I live on the West Coast and I'm going to stay for a week with a friend
on the East Coast.  I have an Internet account through a local university,
but my friend has an AOL account.  How can I access my mail and museum-l
from my friend's computer without dialing back to my local provider?

Thanks all,

Suzanne Quigley
Spectra editor