From:
Lana Newhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 10:37:39 -0500
I use the clear Acryloid B-72 from University Products for base and top coats.  I have found that for marking the number itself a black fine point or a silver medium point (I haven't found a fine point yet) gel pen works very well.  They don't smear under the top coat like felt tips and dry very quickly.  I picked the pens up at Wal-Mart.

For ceramics, cast iron, brass, pewter, and copper I use a Dremel (Electro - Stylus) engraver with a diamond tip point.  I got both from Dick Blick.

Lana Newhart-Kellen
Registrar
Conner Prairie Living History Museum
13400 Allisonville Road
Fishers  IN  46038
317-776-6000 ext. 251
317-776-6014 fax

>>> [log in to unmask] 06/04/04 10:00AM >>>
To all those who work with collections:

I am inquiring after what products ya'll use as base coats and top coats
before numbering your collections.  What is your preference and where do
you get them?  Thank you!

Jessica Harris
Exhibitions &
Collections Coordinator