From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 2005 12:13:17 -0800
About two months ago, I had cause to upgrade my cell
phone inasmuch as the old one was warning it wanted to
die.  In the upgrade, I opted to purchase one that had
a camera phone as part of the unit.  Some part of my
decision process had to do with the fact that the
Hollywood Bowl claims they don't allow cameras, but
there were camera phones in use like crazy this summer
(and, as an aside, at the Eagles Concert at the
Staples Center last month, I was amused to learn cell
phone displays have replaced lighters at concerts).  I
went with the new Samsung A840, and the quality of the
pictures, in some instances, is actually quite good.

With the proliferation of cell phone cameras, how are
your institutions controlling what transpires?  Beyond
the cell phone chatter, you now have issues of folks
potentially seizing images for which they do not have
copyright.  Are you doing anything to curtail this
usage, or is this an issue like at the Bowl where they
claim no cameras, but there are miniature cameras all
over the place?

Indigo Nights