From:
Hilary Gottschalk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 1997 22:16:04 -0500
I am a second year graduate student in Museum Studies at San Francisco State
University.  I am currently doing an internship at the Smithsonian
Institution's Office of Product Development and Licensing while working on my
thesis.  The title of my thesis is "The increasing role of marketing in
fundraising for museums.".  In addition to outlining the history of
non-profit marketing thus far, I will be attempting to compile information
from a series of surveys I will conduct at museums around the country.

I am writing to ask first of all if anyone on-list would be interested in
participating in this survey (it will contain questions about your museum's
marketing program and how your museum has effectively or ineffectively used
marketing to accomplish your fundraising goals) or knows of someone in your
museum who might be interested.  I am hoping to be able to show that
marketing has had a positive effect on museums and will continue to help in
the future of declining government assisitance.  In addition, if anyone has
any other information which might pertain to my subject please feel free to
reply on- or off-list ([log in to unmask]). Thank you so much in advance.

Hilary Gottschalk