From:
Christian Darkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 2010 16:39:34 -0000
Hi
Just as a tip to anyone having problems with getting stuff to printers
intact -  use PDF files.

PDFs contain all the formatting "locked in" so nothing can change
between you and the printers.  It's like you're sending them a photo of
your page - and all printers can cope with PDFs.

A lot of software doesn't create PDFs, but that doesn't matter.  You can
download a free package which creates a virtual printer on your computer
- in other words, any time you go to the "print" dialogue in any
package, you can choose to "print" a PDF file instead of a printed page.
You can save the file to disk and then send it to your printing firm so.

there are several, but the one I use is called bullzip pdf printer.

I've just put a link to it up on my site

www.anachronistic.co.uk - just look in the Tips section.

Oh - and I'll link to the gimp and the various other free bits we've
been talking about in the next few minutes....

Cheers

Christian Darkin