From:
Joel Ayala <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 10:27:21 -0700
I can't help it, you guys, but part of me hopes no such exhibit
exists.  That sounds too much like a wall-mounted textbook or a classroom
bulletin board.

If I were helping to plan an exhibit like this, I might first try with all
my heart to suspend my compulsion to explain everything, then seek the
creation (no pun intended) of a kick-ass installation designed to spark
interest.  Hopefully, some people would catch fire, do some reading (that's
what libraries are for), and end up that much better off for having visited
the museum.

There will always be a few that no exhibit, no matter how bitchin', can
reach.  Those poor devils go home later to watch "Who Wants to Marry a
Millionaire?" and don't amount to anything (Natural Selection).

Joel Ayala, Jr/Curatorial Assistant
AZ Dept. of Library, Archives & Public Records/Museum Division
1700 W. Washington St.
Phoenix AZ 85007
Phone:  602.542.4405
Fax:  602.542.4690