From:
Nicholas Burlakoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:25:59 -0500
Security, like all questions of risk management, is a question of
probability, not a question of possibilities. The easiest way to determine
actual risk is by discussing the problem with your insurance company. If the
insurance company charges a substantially large premium for having unguided
tours then one knows that the risks are large, if there is no greater
insurance cost, or it is minimal, then there is little or no risk.

In your case, if it were my shop, I would fire the head of your security and
with the money saved buy a few video cameras that would feed to the security
post.

Good luck,
Nicholas Burlakoff