From:
Matthew White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 1996 23:30:02 -0400
>With respect to attendance at conferences:
>
>just a reminder that there are state and even local conferences; usually
>inexpensive, and usually willing to cut students a special deal.

Also, many graduate schools have scholarships to help defray costs of
attending conferneces.  When shopping for a graduate school it was one of
the many things I looked at.  Both grad schools I attended had graduate
student associations that had funds for such things.  Also most
conferences have options to volunteer to reduce or even eliminate the
cost of conference fees.  It was how I was able to attend my first AAM
and there are few better ways to meet people.   If it is important
enough, there is always a way.

These thoughts are mine and do not reflect the opinions of my employer,
co-workers, employees, friends, relatives, or significant others.

Matthew A. White
Director of Education and Internship Coordinator
Baltimore Museum of Industry
1415 Key Highway
Baltimore, MD 21230
(410)727-4808