From:
Maureen Daly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 18:09:17 -0600
So glad someone else noticed! Is it me or has the non-profit world in
general not learned the wonderful advantages of hiring a consultant, a
contract worker for short term tasks(?)
Maureen Daly

>Contradiction in terms?  Long-Range Planning Assistant but the job is
>only temporary?  Hmmmm.
>
>Aandrea Stang wrote:
>>
>> 18TH STREET ARTS COMPLEX
>>
>> POSITION AVAILABLE: LONG RANGE PLANNING ASSISTANT
>> PART-TIME TEMPORARY
>>
>> JOB OVERVIEW
>> 18th Street seeks someone to work with the Co-Directors, Board of Directors
>> and Consultants on the Long Range Planning process which 18th Street is
>> currently undertaking.  The Assistant will work on all aspects of the
>> planning process including research, meetings, documentation, and records
>> maintenance.  The Long Range Planning Assistant will be given the
>> opportunity to work with several board committees, with specific duties
>> involving coordination of events, correspondence, research, and more.  In
>> addition, the Long Range Planning Assistant will work with the Co-Directors
>> and consultants to create the draft Long Range Plan.
>>
>> DUTIES
>> The Long Range Planning Assistant will be asked to schedule meetings for
>> the various board committees, Co-Directors meetings, consultants, and
>> community meetings.  S/he will be asked to coordinate meeting materials,
>> maintain files and to sit in on these meetings and take notes, and/or
>> prepare materials for transcription.  In addition, s/he will be asked to
>> assist the consultants with their research, assist with the creation and
>> dissemination of their evaluative tools, and assist with the working papers
>> that will be generated by the consultants and Co-Directors.  The Long Range
>> Planning Assistant will also be expected to act as an assistant to the four
>> board committees which include the Facility Purchase and Planning
>> Committee, Program Design and evaluation, Organizational Structures
>> Committee, and the Income Diversification Committee.
>>
>> REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
>>         1.  Excellent communication skills
>>         2.  Excellent research skills
>>         3.  Macintosh computer skills
>>         4.  Knowledge of the L.A. arts community
>>
>> THE ORGANIZATION
>> 18th Street Arts Complex is a non-profit arts center, supporting artists
>> and arts organizations dedicated to issues of community and diversity in
>> contemporary society.  18th Street maintains four programs that reflect its
>> mission as an incubator/learning center through the arts: a Residency
>> Program for emerging Los Angeles artists, an International
>> Artist-in-Residence Exchange Program, public events and programming, and
>> Arts Education programs for youths in our surrounding communities.  Our
>> support services seek to enable emerging artists and arts organizations to
>> reach their professional goals.  Housed in a complex of five buildings in
>> Santa Monica, we've been the home base for some of the most experimental
>> and innovative art being made in the United States today.  Many of the
>> artists and groups who have worked at 18th Street have gone on to national
> [...]

----System Information
Platform: Macintosh
Machine Type:   Power Macintosh (110)
System Version: 8.0.0
Processor: PowerPC 604
Physical RAM Installed: 106,496K
Total RAM: 106,496K
Eudora Pro Version: 3.1.1
TCP/IP Version: OpenTransport 1.2
Current Memory Size: 1875
Get Info Memory Size: 700
Suggested Memory Size: 1804

----System Folder
FNDR/MACS     8.0     Finder
cdev/mtcp       3.1.1   MacTCP DNR

----Extensions Folder
INIT/aevt       1.0.3    Apple® Event Manager
INIT/extE       4.0.1    EM Extension
INIT/appr       1.0     Appearance Extension
INIT/psap       5.4     Apple CD-ROM
thng/CRKT       1.0.1   Apple Color SW Pro CMM
INIT/reno       2.2     Apple Guide
thng/ufox       2.1     Apple Photo Access
ndrv/QD3D       1.5.1   Apple QD3D HW Driver
shlb/tnsl       1.5.1   Apple QD3D HW Plug-In
shlb/cfmg       1.2.2   AppleScriptLib
INIT/ascr       1.1.2   AppleScript
RDEV/afpt       3.7.1   AppleShare
thng/ufox       5.1     Audio CD Access
thng/ITER       1.2     ClearVideo Decompressor
INIT/cpmg       2.1     Color Picker
PRER/chle       2.2.1   Color SW 1500
PRER/auro       2.2.1   Color SW 2500
PRER/CRKt       1.5.2   Color SW Pro
INIT/sync       2.1.2   ColorSync
INIT/cmnu       1.0.1   Contextual Menu Extension
appe/dtps       2.0.2   Desktop Printer Spooler
INIT/wnke       2.0.5   Energy Saver Extension
ndrv/cfrg       1.0.5   Ethernet (Built-In)
INIT/hhgg       7.6.2   File Sharing Extension
shlb/cfrg       8.0     File Sharing Library
INIT/ufox       5.1     Foreign File Access
INIT/GVtb       2.6.3   Global Village Toolbox
PRER/GVCi       2.6.3   GlobalFax
INIT/GVab       2.6.3   GV Address Book Engine
thng/ufox       5.1     High Sierra File Access
shlb/INTA       1.0     Internet Access
thng/ICAp       1.3     Internet Config Extension
INIT/id40       5.0.1   Iomega Driver
thng/ufox       5.1     ISO 9660 File Access
thng/KEPS       3.10    KODAK PRECISION API
INIT/KEPS       2.4.1   KODAK PRECISION CP
thng/KEPS       2.7.4   KODAK PRECISION CP1
thng/KEPS       2.5.3   KODAK PRECISION CP2
PRER/LWL2       1.2     LaserWriter 300/LS
PRER/vgrd       8.4.3   LaserWriter 8
thng/mtk3       1.4     MacinTalk 3
thng/DVIZ       9.0.2   MacLinkPlus for Easy Open
shlb/cfmg       1.2.1   Memory Manager
shlb/SDM        SDM3.02 Microsoft Dialog Library
shlb/MSFF       1.0a    Microsoft Find File Library
shlb/MSM        1.0     Microsoft Mail Library
shlb/Ole2       2.06    Microsoft OLE Automation
INIT/Ole2       2.06    Microsoft OLE Extension
shlb/OLE2       2.06    Microsoft OLE Library
shlb/BED        1.2     Microsoft Tool Editor Library
shlb/????       3.1.1   npacrx_ppc.Lib
shlb/cfmg       1.2     ObjectSupportLib
libr/OMGR       1.2     Open Tpt AppleTalk Library
libr/OMGR       1.2     Open Tpt Internet Library
libr/OMGR       1.2     Open Transport Library
libr/OMGR       1.0.1   OpenTpt Modem
libr/OMGR       1.0.1   OpenTpt Remote Access
libr/OMGR       1.0.1   OpenTpt Serial Arbitrator
shlb/otan       1.2     OpenTptAppleTalkLib
shlb/otan       1.2     OpenTptInternetLib
shlb/otan       1.2     OpenTransportLib
INIT/pbc2       1.1.3   Printer Share
shlb/vgrd       8.4.3   PrintingLib
INIT/QD3D       1.5.1   QuickDraw 3D
shlb/Q3XT       1.5.1   QuickDraw 3D IR
shlb/QD3D       1.5.1   QuickDraw 3D RAVE
shlb/QD3D       1.5.1   QuickDraw 3D Viewer
INIT/ånd6     2.5     QuickTime
INIT/mjh*       1.0     QuickTime MPEG Extension
INIT/dvb        2.5     QuickTime Musical Instruments
INIT/ånd8     2.5     QuickTime PowerPlug
INIT/qtvr       2.0.1   QuickTime VR
libr/OMGR       1.3.1   Serial (Built-in)
INIT/SHCM       1.0.6   Shared Code Manager
INIT/OMGR       2.0.1   Shared Library Manager
INIT/OMgr       2.0.1   Shared Library Manager PPC
shlb/cfmg       2.0.8   SOMobjects for Mac OS
INIT/sad        3.2.1   Sound Manager
INIT/ttsc       1.4     Speech Manager
PRER/dblo       2.1.1   StyleWriter 1200
PRER/V+SR       2.51A   StylusCOLOR
thng/V+Th       2.51A   StylusCOLOR500
shlb/????       3.1.1   sx8300.Lib
thng/syav       1.3     SystemAV
shlb/encv       1.2     Text Encoding Converter
INIT/mtv2       1.6.3   Video Startup
shlb/VBA        1.0.1   Visual Basic for Applications
INIT/avav       1.5.2   °AppleVision

----Control Panels Folder
cdev/ATR        2.0     Adobe Type Reunion Deluxe
APPC/apcp       1.0     Appearance
cdev/CDJR       1.1.3   Apple Menu Options
cdev/atdv       1.1     AppleTalk
cdev/Remt       1.2.5   AutoRemounter
cdev/synC       2.1     ColorSync System Profile
cdev/Mppp       2.0.1   Config PPP
cdev/sdev       1.4.1   Control Strip
APPC/tim2       8.0     Date & Time
APPC/dkpx       1.0     Desktop Pictures
APPC/wnkl       2.0.5   Energy Saver
APPC/8INI       4.0.1   Extensions Manager
APPC/shcp       8.0     File Sharing
cdev/misc       7.7     General Controls
APPC/kycp       8.0     Keyboard
cdev/mash       3.1     Launcher
cdev/meo        1.1.3   Mac OS Easy Open
cdev/DVCP       9.0.2   MacLinkPlus Setup
cdev/SLIp       3.0.3   MacSLIP
cdev/wmap       7.5.1   Map
cdev/mmry       7.5.8   Memory
cdev/modm       1.0.1   Modem
cdev/mous       7.5.4   Mouse
cdev/nbrs       7.1     Numbers
cdev/dosa       2.1.1   PC Exchange
cdev/rmot       1.0.1   PPP
cdev/ånd7     2.5     QuickTime Settings
cdev/earc       1.5     Speech
cdev/sdsk       7.6.1   Startup Disk
cdev/ztcp       1.2     TCP/IP
cdev/GVCt       2.6.3c  TelePort