Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 1996 09:53:59 EST
I work at a museum with free admission, however to some extent we rely on
visitors making voluntary contributions. We have donation boxes where visitors
can do this. I'm keen to find out how we can make these boxes more effective.

What are other museums' experiences of soliciting donations from visitors? How
do you encourage visitors to make a donation? What techniques do you use? What
works and what doesn't?

There doesn't appear to be much in the literature about this aspect of museum
management. If anyone has any evaluation reports about research they've
undertaken in this area, I would be keen to obtain a copy.

Please reply on-list, or contact me at the following email address:

Cheers,

Linda Ferguson
Australian War Memorial