From:
Tracie Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 09:45:42 -0500
Indigo-

I would be glad to forward to you my list of job research sites that I have
if you would like them.  I'm sure its not up to date with some of the new
sites but it is based on where I searched in 1999 to find a job when I came
out of Graduate School.  I would suggest that you also include questions on
"How do I get started in museum work? or How to get my foot in the door?"
and "Do I really need a Master's Degree? or "What kind of degree should I
get? or What's the best University or Program"  I notice that these come up
in one form or another about every couple of months or so.  They also are
often the questions that get people sent to the archives for the answer.
Oh, you might want a question like...."I know you have probably discussed
this, but I didn't see it or hear it, can you help me with...."  This should
direct them to using the archives to search for answers.  I'm not sure if a
FAQ page will help but its definitely worth a shot.  I might get them past
that first question to more specific ones that will lead to more discussion.

Good Luck
Tracie