From:
Aaron Marcavitch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 20:59:05 -0700
Ok, point one for the list...if you have your museum studies teacher on the list, do not, I repeat
do not ask:

> > Does this mean I should pay better attention in class when he is telling
> us how to write a grant?

It might make things uncomfortable.

Point two: Jane Duong's statement that learning financing shouldn't be glossed over for any
professor out there.  If I had learned just a bit about it in undergrad, I might have gotten a
better look from people out there when I started job searching.  Maybe.

> You tickle me!  What's a Poofda?  Is that like when a file you're working on disappears and goes
 > to alphabet heaven?

Lastly, for those of you who wrote me, a Poofda is a reference to an old Monty Python skit called
the Bruces.  They are a meeting of Austrailian men who read their rules and they reference NO
POOFDA'S every third line.  My brother and I listened to that skit over and over (well that one
and the Spam Song).  But yes, Indigo, it could just be files going to alphabet heaven!

Thanks again for changing tacks on this...more from me tommorow.

Aaron

=====
www.aaronmarcavitch.com
Webmaster, VAF (www.vernaculararchitecture.org)
Webmaster, ADM (www.americandinermuseum.org)
Webmaster, Boston Harborfest (www.bostonharborfest.com)
Grad. Student Caucus Chair, Am. Assoc of History & Computing

M.A. (Public) History, Middle TN St. Univ