From:
Brad Holderman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2007 08:26:08 -0700
Greetings,

In reagrds to both replies, I do need to reveal a
fatal character flaw that I have.  I often write
things simple and bluntly.  Thus, they have a tendency
to come across as accusatory.

This sin't the case really.  Rather, the term
de-accession was brought up in the case of the
Jeremiah O'Brian which was de-accessioned then went on
to to win the World Ship Trust's annual award.

Thus, the use of the word "forced" was probably
improper, but I was wondering if it could be used as
one of those "last ditch efforts."

But you are correct, the steps of cooperation, funding
etc. are all to be considered the first steps.  I
appreciate the reminders and the replies.
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Have you or anyone else offered to restore the ship
> or provide the
> funding for its restoration under the institution's
> supervision.  This
> would be a far better approach that trying to obtain
> ownership of the
> artifact.  It is often a case of not having the
> funds rather than
> intentionally neglecting an object that is the
> reason nothing seems to
> happen.  If you try working with the institution you
> will get a lot
> further and both parties will benefit.
>
> Greg Shuman
> Director of Exhibits
> National Atomic Museum
> Albuquerque, NM

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
> http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may
> obtain detailed information about the listserv
> commands by sending a one line e-mail message to
> [log in to unmask] . The body of the
>
> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
> line e-mail message to [log in to unmask]
> . The body of the message should read "Signoff
> Museum-L" (without the quotes).

Cheers,

Brad Holderman
619.994.6686
"Dear Jack, We have a ship, Surprise, for the East Indies, and must join at Plymouth instantly..."

You can find me at: