From:
Diane B Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 20:58:01 -0600
Dear Darlene,
    There is a Cultural Management Certificate Program from the
University of Victoria on Vancouver Island, B.C. They are hoping to have
an online degree (MA) in Museum Studies and also have on-campus
intensive courses lasting 4-5 days. This is a nice alternative approach
to pursuing different methods of further education.
I am enclosing contact information and maybe if enough interest is
generated, they will be able to develop it more quickly?! It's ironic
with the $7.25 an hour = MA we work in alternative careers to earn the
money to professionalize our credentials, without the promise of a job
in the immediate future. I still love the learning and challenges that
come with an involvement in museums.

Diane Rice
Brenda Weatherston, Program Coordinator
Cultural Resource Management Program
Division of Continuing Studies, University of Victoria
PO Box 3030 STN CSC
Victoria B.C. Canada V8W 3N6
Phone (250) 721-6119 Fax (250) 721-8774
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Visit our Web Site! http://www.uvcs.uvic.ca/crmp/
Distribution List: To receive monthly updates, send a request to

UPCOMING LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES FOR MUSEUM & HERITAGE PROFESSIONALS
On Campus Courses:
1998:
Cultural Tourism May 4-9
Toward a Museology of Reconciliation May 11-16
Museums at the Crossroads Sept 14-19
Planning for Community Cultural Stewardship Oct 19-24
Financial Management in Cultural Heritage Organizations Oct 28 - Nov 6
1999:
Public Programming in the Heritage Community Jan 25-30
Cultural Diversity: The Inclusive Museum Feb 15-20
Curatorship Mar 1-6
Museums in Historic Buildings Mar 22-27
Approaches to Repatriation April 12-17
Managing Archaeological Information Apr 19-24

Distance Education courses:
Introduction to Museum Studies May-August, Sept-April
>From Principles to Practice: Introduction to Heritage Conservation
Sept-April
Human Resource Management Oct 5 1998-Jan 22, 1999
Museum Information Management Jan 18-April 23, 1999
Collections Management Jan 12 - Apr 23, 1999