From:
Michelle Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 09:18:48 -0800
Unfortunately, three of my storage vaults are off main exhibition galleries
and all of them have nice brass plaques with their names on them "The Mr. &
Mrs. Jones Art Storage Vault". The powers-that-be determined long before I
came that the security risk was out-weighed by the money they received for
the naming rights. They are all locked with security systems. There has
never been a problem with theft but I've had to drill it into the curators
and other collections staff that the doors have to be triple-checked to make
sure that they are securely closed before they walk away. I don't think
you're casual visitor will attempt to enter a locked and alarmed door. A
professional thief will get into to the vaults and around most security
systems whether there's a plaque or not. (I wish I had the security system
portrayed in The Thomas Crowne Affair!) If your Director wants to put a
plaque on the doors and there's no changing his/her mind, you just have to
be extremely careful with closing and locking the door. My vaults have locks
that can be opened but never unlocked - so once the door is closed it's
locked. Perhaps that would work for you?

Best of luck,
Michelle

Michelle Gallagher, Collections Manager
Palm Springs Desert Museum

naming
it

http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/
 > > . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by
sending
 > > a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of
the
 > > message should read "help" (without the quotes).
 > >
 > > If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message
 > > [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read
"Signoff
 > > Museum-L" (without the quotes).
 > >
 >
 >
 > --
 > Jennifer M. Lane

 > This mail sent through GTC Telecom's webmail interface.

 > Important Subscriber Information:
 >
 > The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
(without the quotes).

Museum-L" (without the quotes).

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
(without the quotes).

Museum-L" (without the quotes).

Have fun customizing MSN Messenger — learn how here!
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_customize