From:
Carol Kocian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2006 14:19:17 -0400
     There are a couple of museums in England that have Lee style knitting
frames that work, they can actually be used to knit.  I don't know if
there are any others in the world, although quite a few more museums
have frames that are not in working order.

     I know of a hand frame that may be available.  Its 100 - 200 years
old (parts were often upgraded and replaced while in use) and may
well have been used in production into the first half of the 20th
century.  This one has been reconditioned and is in full working
order.

     It's current home needs the space, and they need to relocate it or
dismantle it for storage (which will undo all the effort to get it
working!)

     There will be some costs involved, including shipping.  Are there any
museums interested in this machine?  It is very much one-of-a-kind,
and extremely rare.

     If anyone is interested, please contact me ASAP.  The current home is
eager to reclaim the space and time is of the essence!

     -Carol Kocian